Most people joke about snoring, like it’s no big deal, but it really is. Snoring is not just a sound that drives your partner crazy or has the person in the hotel room next to you banging on the wall. Snoring robs you of quality sleep, which affects your health in more ways than you can probably imagine.
How Zyppah Improves Sleep
If you snore then your airway is being obstructed while you sleep. Soft tissues vibrate with each breath, causing the snoring sound. However, that is not all that is happening. All night, your body is forced to work harder for oxygen, making it impossible to fully relax and recharge. Snorers typically spend very little time in deep sleep stages, which is why even after being asleep eight hours, you still feel tired in the morning.
Zyppah holds your jaw and tongue forward, which keeps your airway clear. In doing so, you enjoy a more restful night of sleep.
How Zyppah Affects Your Health
You have probably heard that sleep deprivation is bad for your health, but maybe you have never realized that as a snorer, you have chronic sleep deprivation. This adversely affects your present and long-term physical and mental health. Just a few side effects of sleep deprivation include:
- Heart Problems – Snorers remain anxious and fatigued throughout the day, which increases the risk of high blood pressure. Of course, hypertension is a predisposition to severe heart problems. Snorers are at increased risk for heart disease, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, and heart attack.
- Weight Gain – Lack of sleep increases your risk for obesity. It also makes it harder for you to lose weight, and carrying around excess pounds can lead to other medical problems.
- Injury – Sleep deprivation leads to injuries and accidents because your alertness is weakened and reaction time is slower.
- Diabetes – Snorers are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than non-snorers are.
- Stroke – Since snoring decreases the flow of oxygen, your body and brain are deprived, which increases your risk for stroke.
- Mental Disorder – Depression, anxiety, and inability to deal with stress are commonly experienced by snorers.
Snoring may seem like it’s not a big deal, but it is affecting your health. If Zyppah works for you, your sleep quality will improve, which decreases your risk for the above mentioned health concerns. Learn more about Zyppah in my Zyppah Rx Review.