SleepTight Mouthpiece is commonly compared to ZQuiet because they have very similar prices and payment options. However, these mandibular advancement devices (MADs) are very different. If you haven’t heard of ZQuiet, but are exploring your anti snoring devices options at this price point, it’s definitely one to consider. Do not confuse SleepTight with Snore-B-Gone, which is not a safe device.
- Fitting Process – SleepTight Mouthpieces use a boil-and-bite fitting process to achieve a custom fit. ZQuiet does not require any customization. In some cases, a person with a very small mouth may need to cut and file just a tiny bit for a more tailored fit. Other than this the mouthpiece is ready to use right out-of-the-box.
- Design – When it comes to design these two devices couldn’t possibly be more different. SleepTight Mouthpiece is exactly what you picture when you think of a mouthpiece. You bite down on it and that’s it. There is no adjustability to lower jaw placement, but there is an air hole. ZQuiet is a unique MAD that is soft and flexible and looks nothing like a mouthpiece. It has “Living Hinge Technology,” which allows you to open and close your mouth while you are wearing it. You can even take a sip of water without removing it.
- Material – It is unknown what material is used on SleepTight, but one would assume it contains BPA since it is not marked otherwise. ZQuiet is made of a thermoplastic elastomer that contains no BPA or latex. Speaking of latex, if you are allergic to it, it’s important to make sure the device you choose is latex-free.
- FDA-Cleared – Both devices have been cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Care – A toothbrush and mild dish soap is all that is needed to clean both devices. It is recommended to not use toothpaste or mouthwash as they can stain the device over time.
- Cost – SleepTight Mouthpiece is $69.95, including shipping and ZQuiet is $79.95 plus $9.95 for shipping. However, with both devices, all you need to pay upfront is $9.95. Then, you have 30 days to decide if the mouthpiece is or you. If it is then the balance will get charged automatically. If not, you can return the mouthpiece and your card will not be charged the balance.