Increase the Lifespan of Your Anti-Snoring Device With the iSonic Ultra-Sonic Snoring Mouthpiece Cleaner
Having tested and loved the Therasnore MAD, I’ve been using it for around a month. The Therasnore mouthpiece (although effective) is a little pricey, so I don’t want to be buying a new one every three months.
An integral part of maintaining any snoring mouthpiece over long periods of time is with thorough, regular cleaning. An issue with the Therasnore is that it stains when exposed to toothpaste, so I needed to find a new way of achieving a professional clean. I decided to try out a mouthpiece cleaning device and took to the internet to see what I could find.
I chose the iSonic Ultra-Sonic Snoring Mouthpiece Cleaner, based on its excellent customer reviews on Amazon, and at $28.50, is it is very reasonably priced. I was pleased with how quickly it arrived, and within a few short days of ordering, I was ready to take my new toy for a spin!
iSonic Cleaner Unboxing & Feature Demonstration
The iSonic Mouthpiece Cleaner proved easy to use. This device comes with a cleaning powder that you add to the tank along with regular tap water, before dropping in your mouthpiece and pressing start. I was impressed with how quickly it worked, leaving my mouthpiece clean within a mere 5 minutes! Another bonus is that, with the auto shut off option, you can simply walk away and leave it without worrying about sticking around to shut it off when it’s finished.
This is a clever little device and works by generating ultrasound to produce millions of tiny bubbles in the water. This works like a brush to remove debris from every tiny nook and cranny, but in a way that’s far gentler and more thorough. Using a regular brush to clean your mouthpiece can cause tiny abrasions in the material, which can leave it looking cloudy and compromise its integrity over time. Using a cleaning tank like the iSonic guarantees a professional cleaning in a way that’s gentle on your device, and helps to preserve it in the long-term – which is exactly what I was hoping for!
- Value for money: At only $28.50, this is one of the most reasonably priced cleaning devices of its kind, especially considering how well it works. It’s certainly a lot cheaper than any I’ve seen in the store and is worth it when you consider the price of many anti-snoring mouthpieces. This cleaning device will certainly go a long way in maintaining my mouthpiece and improving its lifespan, making it a smart investment!
- Size: The device is very small and compact, which not only makes it easy to store but also minimizes the visual impact, so you can comfortably leave it on your bathroom countertop.
- Speed: I love how quickly it works. This device cleaned my mouthpiece in 5 minutes flat, making the whole process very convenient.
- Effectiveness: The iSonic Mouthpiece Cleaner provides such an effective clean, that you only need to use it a couple of times a week to keep your MAD in top condition. What’s more, it achieves this with no scrubbing or brushing required, which is ideal for anyone wanting to preserve their device and keep it looking new.
- iSonic cleaning powder: The cleaning powder that comes with the device, although effective in cleaning my Therasnore and doing so without leaving any stain or visible residue, leaves a funny aftertaste. This taste lingered even after I rinsed my mouthpiece with water, and while it’s not overly unpleasant, I could certainly live without it. Aftertaste aside, the iSonic only comes with a small pack of the cleaning powder, anyway, which struck me as being a bit stingy. Ordering more will set you back a cool $24 – ouch!
- Size: Yes, size has made it onto both the pros AND cons list! The compact nature of the iSonic Cleaner, although perfect for storage, did present me with a problem when I put my Therasnore inside. The Therasnore mouthpiece is quite bulky (as are most anti-snoring mouthpieces), and so I couldn’t fully submerge it in the water. Because of the size, the top 10% of the mouthpiece was exposed, and therefore uncleaned. Not a huge issue, but it is a little annoying.
- No option to clean for longer than 5 minutes: Although I found the device to clean my mouthpiece perfectly adequately in this time, I haven’t been using my Therasnore for all that long. I can imagine that with older (and dirtier) mouthpieces this may not be sufficient, and a longer cleaning cycle may be required. Unfortunately, the iSonic Cleaner has no option to do this and automatically shuts off after 5 minutes. If you needed a more intensive clean, you’d have to sit by the tank and keep pressing the button. Not ideal.
- Very bright LED: The blue LED light on the device is ridiculously bright, so it’s not a perfect solution for keeping in the bedroom if (like me) you find that bright lights mess up your circadian rhythm.
- Non-removable tank: It’s not possible to detach the tank from the device without using force (it’s possible if you remove the gray plastic piece at the front of the tank – good-bye, warranty!). If you don’t want to do this, however, you have to unplug the device every time you want to empty the tank, which is pretty inconvenient.
- AC plug lead: This is short, so I had to use an extension to plug it in.
Overall, the iSonic Ultra-Sonic Snoring Mouthpiece Cleaner is a fantastic little device. It’s inexpensive, effective, and perfectly designed to meet my needs. It provides deep cleaning in a way that’s gentle and highly efficient, and will undoubtedly be of great use in preserving my mouthpiece for as long as possible. If you’re the owner of a pricey mouthpiece like the Therasnore, this is a wise investment for ensuring you get the best out of your product! In helping to increase the longevity of your mouthpiece, a cleaning device like this one will certainly save you money in the long run.