While there are sleep and snoring apps that work independent of any sleep aid, there are also some apps that work with a particular snoring device. These apps are meant to enhance the product’s features and provide you with a full suite of services.
The Nitetronic Nitelink2 free app was designed for use with the Nitetronic goodnite™ Anti-Snoring Pillow. The app monitors your sleep time, quality, and efficiency.
The Nitetronic Nitelink2 app is software developed by Nitetronic Hong Kong Limited specifically for use with the Nitetronic goodnite™ Anti-Snoring Pillow. The Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow is designed to gently inflate at night when it detects snoring. The inflation of the pillow changes your head position causing your snoring to either drop significantly or stop altogether.
Nitelink2 synchronizes with the Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow using Bluetooth technology to allow you to monitor your sleep time and quality. Nitelink2 records snoring rates by connecting with the sensors built into the Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow. The app is available in the 11 languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese.
Google Play and iTunes have this free app available for download.
- Adjustable Sensitivity. The Nitelink2 app allows you to adjust the Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow’s listening sensitivity. The app’s default setting is set at the highest sensitivity level. At the default setting, the app detects most snoring during the night and the pillow inflates accordingly.If you elect to set it to a lower sensitivity, it will tend to ignore low-volume snoring and the pillow will not inflate as much during the night.
User experience has shown that the pillow can erroneously inflate if it picks up the sound of heaters or fans in the room.It can take a couple of nights to determine the best sensitivity setting for your personal sleep habits and the environment.
- Adjustable Connection. The app allows you to choose when you want the Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow to connect to your smartphone.You can choose to have your pillow connect to your phone every time you go to bed by turning the app’s recording functions on before you go to sleep each night. Alternatively, you can select the “Remember” function and have the pillow connect to Nitelink2 automatically when your phone is nearby. By setting the profile tab to active, you can also adjust your recording start and stop times. This function works best if you go to sleep and wake up at the same times each day.
- Power Saving Features. To save power and battery, you can close or turn off your phone while you sleep. The Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow will record your sleep data and synchronize with the app via Bluetooth when you turn your phone on in the morning. The app takes about 1-2 minutes to sync.
- Tracking and Charting Capabilities. The app has features built into it that allow you to track your snoring time and intensity as well as your sleep efficiency. You can also compare nightly data to track your progress in snoring reduction. The app also charts where your head was positioned on the Nitetronic goodnite™ pillow and how often you turn your head.
- Baseline Comparison. By activating the “Action Off” button on the app, you can get a baseline snoring percentage. With the Action Off button activated, the pillow will not inflate during the night but will track your snoring percentage. By switching the app to “Action On” the pillow will inflate when it detects snoring.This way you can then determine how successful your Nitetronic goodnite™ Anti-Snoring Pillow is at reducing your snoring levels.
- Requires purchase of the Nitetronic goodnite™ Anti-Snoring pillow. While this free app is quite nifty and provides valuable insight into your sleeping and snoring habits, it does require the purchase of the Nitetronic goodnite™ Anti-Snoring pillow to work.
- Firmware update. When you are downloading the app, you may need to do a firmware update to get the newest features working on your pillow and app.
If you are interested in apps that record and detect snoring that are "standalone" and do not require a pillow to work, take a look at SnoreLab, SnoreClock or search your app store for "snore recording".