If you order a SleepPro Custom the product will get made in a laboratory. If you order the Easifit it will get molded at home using a boil-and-bite process.
It may sound a little intimidating, but rest-assured that the process is actually quite simple. All you need is a pot to boil water, a slated spoon, and a bowl.
- When your device arrives, you will want to wash it first. It can’t be cleaned with toothpaste. You can use a mild dishwashing detergent and a toothbrush or soak it using a denture cleaner.
- Take a few minutes to get acquainted with it. Make sure that you know which end faces up. You are going to be biting down with your lower jaw extended forward. Practice doing that a few times, so when the mouthpiece is heated, you will feel uncomfortable doing it.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and pour water in a bowl.
- Place the mouthpiece in water and allow it to soften.
- Once soft remove it from the water and shake excess hot water off.
- As you bite into the snoring mouthpiece, you want your lower jaw extended forward like you just practiced. Bite down and hold this position, allowing it to cool down. As it cools it will begin to harden, so you will know when to remove it.
- Remove the device from your mouth and place it in a bowl of cold water. This will speed up the hardening process.
Once cool, test your device for a proper fit. If you try it the first night and decide it is not quite right, it can be molded again a couple times. Learn more in my SleepPro review.